Metal Plug Removal

Mfpacc

Jul 18, 2019
Lake Balboa, CA
Hello Everyone,
First post but have been lurking for the past few months.

So I took over my pool care about a year ago from the "Pool Guy" as the pool was always a shade of green.
And I was no better tell about 4 months ago and found you. So I would like to thank you for your help.

I finally got a suction side vacuum after months of hemming and hawing about the value vs. time.
I ended up with the Hayward Pool Cleaner 4W. I believe it does a good job.

So this is where the request for help comes. I have been plugging the vacuum hose directly into the skimmer hole.
But my pool also has a suction port in the pool out side below the skimmer. It has a metal plug that I can not remove.
I know the plug has been installed since I bought the house 15 years ago. I tried channel locks, tapping the plug, but don't
want to damage the plaster.

Here is a crude drawing of what the plug looks like. It is made of metal and chromed. Also of note is that the outside of the
pipe that it is "screwed" into has threads on the outside. I know the pipe is brass.
skimmer plug.png
I know the pool is older then me. I remember Saturday cartoons.
I am perplexed. Please help.
Thanks,
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.