Mesh safety cover modifications

May 15, 2014
KCMO
So I got a brand new mesh safety cover from a neighbor that wasn’t using it for free. My problem is it’s a little to wide for my pool. Pool dimension 15x28 cover dimension 19’ 6” x 30’ 3”.

My concrete deck is only 3’ on on side. And my over lap is 27”. I was going to offset and use GLI 18” lawn tube for the installation on one side. They are however fairly expensive especially for 12 of them that I’ll need. Is it possible to “narrow” one of these covers either from the manufacturer or a local upholstery shop? Just weighing out all my options here.

They make anchors you can put in the grass/ground to secure your cover where there is no pool deck 👇
Southeastern New Aluminum Paver Lawn Pipe Tube Pool Deck Brass Anchor for Swimming Pool Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCIZFY...abc_8MGKKSXD9FF6BVA29G94?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I worry that by modifying the cover you will compromise the safety aspect of it.
Also the part that has the grommets is a thicker band of material so you can’t just cut it & add grommets to size.
If u don’t care about the safety aspect (being able to walk on it) you can just use water bags.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.