Mastertemp 250 closing question

skinpath

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
Pittsford, NY
Does anyone know if it is really necessary to remove the water pressure switch from the Pentair Mastertemp 250 heater when winterizing?

The instructions say to do it, but looking at it - with my level of experience - I feel like I'm likely to break it when trying to remove it or to be unable to replace it properly. Maybe it's just that heaters worry me because they combine two things I'm not good at fixing (water and gas) and one thing that can kill you quickly (electricity - especially when combined with water and gas).

My heater is above the pool, BTW, and I've already blown out the air and drained the manifold using the drain thingy (sorry - couldn't use the actual name because it doubles as a "curse word") :confused:.

Thanks for any suggestions!

It sounds important if the instructions say to do it, but I'm a warm climate dweller and can't help any with the personal experience of closing. I can say, if your comfort level is such with these items, a professional should come out and do it, or be consulted at minimum.

I had a temp switch with a very tiny copper thread pipe that froze and broke. You will have to fix it if you don't do it. And you are in new york, I would just do what it says now so you don't have to do it in the spring. Mine blew water all over the guts of the heater, so for me all that electricity, water and gas came together because I didn't take care of it when winterizing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.