Major Refurb - two questions

MasterTinkerer

Gold Supporter
Nov 28, 2016
Helena, AL
Greetings all... I am in the midst of refinishing my pool hopper and bottom... the concrete work is nearly done, now I have two questions as I start thinking about completing the job...

1) The Light
As you can see, I currently have a piece of white plastic over the light niche. I've had multiple issues with leaks in the niche... I assume that there must be a crack in the PVC running to the niche. So... I just got tired of fussing with it... cut the wires and sealed it off.

When the light was working, we almost never used it because of the amount of bugs it attracts into the pool. We live in a woods in Alabama... so there's no shortage of bugs!

What are my options here? Are there any products on the market that turn a wet niche into a dry one? Or should I just leave it covered? If I leave it covered, do I need to cut that spot out when I install the liner? or just leave it as is?

2) Foam on the walls
In my hours of research, I've seen where a lot of people recommend putting a foam over the vertical sections of the walls. That has me wondering... if it's good for the walls, why not for the hopper walls and the floor?

Thank you in advance for your input!

pool.jpg

What are my options here? Are there any products on the market that turn a wet niche into a dry one? Or should I just leave it covered? If I leave it covered, do I need to cut that spot out when I install the liner? or just leave it as is?
Yes, there are decorative covers available to cover the hole exterior for those who elect to cut an opening in the liner for future use. But if you intend to never use it again, you could just cover/patch the hole then cover it all with the liner. Be sure to have it covered well so that no one accidently puts a foot through the liner where an open light hole would be. With the hole completely covered by a liner, that should negate any potential for leaks in that area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.