Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Going through some on my build pics.

Whats with the 3 PVC pipes for the main drain?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.13.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.13.47 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
You should have more than the single main drain shown in the picture. The other main drains should tie in to the same supply line near the main drain shown in the picture. What other main drains do you have?

You should have more than the single main drain shown in the picture. The other main drains should tie in to the same supply line near the main drain shown in the picture. What other main drains do you have?

Thats all I have. 1 main drain and a skimmer.
Let me find a different pic.

You might have a suction limiting vent system.

Do you have any vents around the perimeter of the pool?

I’m surprised that you have a single main drain.

That’s not something that anyone should do.

Main drains should always be two or “unblockable”, like a channel drain.

Near my pump there’s a candy cane shaped pvc pipe that the PB told me was a over flow pipe. But christ, it’s about 18” above the pool water level. Not sure what it’s going to do.

What do you mean by “unblockable” drain?

That’s probably a vent tied into the plumbing. That's mostly a Florida thing.

An unblockable drain is a drain that is certified as unblockable where a person’s body cannot or is unlikely to be able to block the entire drain at once.

Question 9: What is an unblockable drain?

Answer: The Act defines an unblockable drain as a drain sump of "any size or shape that a human body cannot sufficiently block to create a suction entrapment issue." The ANSI/APSP-7 2006 standard defines unblockable as “of any size and shape such that a representation of the torso of the 99 percentile adult male cannot sufficiently block it to the extent that it creates a body suction entrapment hazard.” In other words, the outlet must be such that a torso 18” x 23” with corners having a 4-inch radius would not be able to sufficiently block the outlet. Thestandard also allows for channel drains with a minimum open area 3" wide X 31" long.

Question 12: What is a suction limiting vent system?

Answer: Suction-Limiting Vent System -- a pipe vented to the atmosphere that connects to the suction pipe between the pool and the pump. When a high vacuum event occurs, air from the vent pipe replaces the water in the suction pipe thereby breaking the suction. The vent opening is protected by a tamper resistant cover.

That’s probably a vent tied into the plumbing. That's mostly a Florida thing.

An unblockable drain is a drain that is certified as unblockable where a person’s body cannot or is unlikely to be able to block the entire drain at once.

I am just starting a pool build myself, and my main drain has the secondary drain as a wall mount. That pipe part way up the wall is similar to mine. It is a Paramount SDX anti-entrapment drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.