M600 Sticky Cable

Patrickoleary

Apr 7, 2019
Greensburg,PA
Getting ready for pool season here in Pennsylvania. We keep our M600 in the water quite often, and because of that the cable has gotten a little gummy feeling or sticky. It doesn’t really impact things though it does cause the cable to get tangled up easier. Which means it might not be able to reach to the furthest pieces of the pool.Any thoughts or ideas on what I could potentially rub on or cover the cable with? It’s not the end of the world or anything we can unravel it more often, but just looking to make my life easier.

My Dolphin cable was more porous and dry (white'ish color) than gummy. I simply rubbed the length of it with a disposable microfiber cloth to remove the layer of rubber that had hydrolysed from water/chlorine exposure. It helped but it just means a fresh layer of rubber will eventually breakdown too. You could wrap the cable with some white colored cable sheathing such as this -

I wrapped up all my exposed equipment pad wires with it to protect them from sun and rats. The cable wrap could protect the cable from further breakdown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.