Lower Rail / Track Question

pdl1983

Jun 10, 2021
Alexandria, VA
Good morning, first time pool owner here. Purchased 18' round Riviera steel wall pool. While I would have loved to have an installer come, finding an above-ground pool installer in Northern Virginia is apparently like finding a unicorn. I had the site leveled as best as possible. The site has a very slight grade, so I had a semi-circle cement retaining ring sunk to prevent any washout or erosion. Install went relatively well, I was very meticulous about leveling and had patio blocks sunk and leveled. Attempted first fill and got to about 3/4 and noticed one vertical was out of plumb to my liking (slight scallop on the track), so I drained to just below 1 foot and fixed. Have filled half way and have been scrutinizing every inch and now notice that one vertical is slightly off the ground (1/2" maybe?) It appears that during filling the pool took shape and a small part of the track is on a slight bump and causing one leg to be off the ground. I'm paranoid about stuff like this and not sure if I need to drain again or if I can place some type of 1/2" metal shims under the track where there are these small gaps? I have a foam cove, so I'm not terribly worried about cove washout, just structural integrity. The walls can be pushed/flexed easier on that side than on the opposite side. Not sure how much wall flex is normal for an above ground pool. The water level is level to 1/2" so I consider the entire pool level. Any thoughts for me? Thank you for your time.

I would shim the gaps in the leg and the track and call it good. Even if you drained it and started over, you'd have to shim to get above the high spot in the concrete, or else grind down the high spot. A large part of the structure of an AGP is the water itself. The wall will flex much less when it is full.

Reactions: pdl1983
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.