Low voltage lighting question

Rich D

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
MA
I would like to add some low voltage lighting to my waterfall.

What I'm trying to avoid is installing a - up to code 120 VAC outlet up by the waterfall. I would prefer to run low voltage up there to be able to keep everything underground. I have a 1-inch conduit going from the equipment pad up to a irrigation box behind the waterfall. I would probably not be using more than three - 2 watt 12v LED color changing bulbs. Would this be feasible to have the transformer at the equipment pad and just figure for the voltage drop and properly size the transformer? It is approximately 73 ft from the transformer pad to the irrigation box behind the waterfall.

Thanks, Rich..

IMG_20200531_125320.jpgIMG_20200531_125620.jpg

Last edited:
There isn't much voltage drop when you're only talking about 6 watts. There is no issue with your plan
Great advice as always... Got it up and running. I ran 12 - 12 Gauge wires wires out to the waterfall. So far I have hooked up my 12v waterfall lights and a 4.5 v Charlie brown Christmas tree using there original transformers in basement with great results. I am also planning on running some DC out there to supplement a three light solar powered unit that I want on from dusk to dawn. The unit already has a dusk to dawn sensor However during the winter months it will not get enough charge to last all night. So my plan is to just give it some juice for a few hrs every night in the winter months.

Thanks again, Rich..

Last edited:
Reactions: bdavis466
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.