Low Profile Cantilevered Pool Deck?

Jan 15, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Greetings all. I'm a newbie to this great forum and an architectural designer building my first pool.

I’m trying to accomplish a clean, simple, modern look to our little 12’x24’ rectangular shotcrete pool. To me this means a monolithic cantilevered pool deck with a low-profile square edge at the pool. Due to the small scale of the pool and limited deck area, I want to avoid the 12” wide “picture frame” look of typical coping surrounding the pool.

The design calls for a poured-in-place sand-finish cantilevered deck with saw-cut grid pattern, but I can’t find a concrete sub that wants pour less than a 4” cantilevered slab at the bond beam — I’m looking for a 2” or 3” face to the edge of cantilevered slab.

24”x24” pavers throughout would achieve the aesthetic, but I’m not sure how I would set 24” x 24” pavers on top of the 12” bond beam and coordinate their installation with 24”x24” sand-set field pavers.

Has anyone here successfully poured a “low profile” cantilevered slab? What sort of reinforcing was used? What concrete mix was used?

Thanks in advance!

Dale

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.