Low levels of free chlorine

Clguarana

Jun 26, 2019
Bloomington, IN
Hi all,

I need help. I have tried to increase my free chlorine in a 15000 gallon pool for 45 days. PH, alkalinity, and CYA (stabilizer) are all within acceptable ranges. I have put over 15 gallons of shock, and 15 pounds of turbo shock. I have also replaced 1/3 of the water in the pool. Also, I have started using chlorine only tablets in my skimmer. I have put 2 tablets every day for a week now. Finally, I treated for phosphates yesterday. Measured free chlorine this morning and nothing again. Sorry, but any help will be appreciated.

Your post is the exact reason people find this site. First step is to get a PROPER test kit like the TF-100 by Taylor. Taylor test kits are the only kits we recommend because they are accurate. The worst you can do is use test (guess) strips or equally as bad, trust pool store testing. So get a proper test kit, do a full set of tests, and report those results back here. My money is on sky-high CYA levels and most likely an algea problem. FYI: Phosphate levels are not something we track or care about.

Also please fill out your sig-line! https://www.troublefreepool.com/account/signature

Also, there is no such thing as chlorine only tablets. Chlorine is a gas, it needs to be mixed with something. TFPs favorite “something” is water aka bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.