Low Chlorine level

just a follow up. Have been extremely busy for the past three days. Didn't get a chance to SLAM the pool. But what I found is the filter pressure goes up 1 psi per day. It is somewhere between 19 and 20 now. Is that something I should worry. My short experience with pool filter is they were quite stable at 14-15 until I shocked the pool on Tuesday. It just keep going up :(
Your filter is most likely catching the algae that is starting to bloom.

Post a complete set of test results, and let's get this SLAM underway.

Dom

FC 1.5
TA 160
Calcium hardness 260
CYA 65
ph 7.6

taylor k2006 kit
I will start SlAm today after getting some liquid chlorine

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the water is a little cloudy this morning.
Cloudy is almost always a chemistry issue, and chlorine is the remedy.

Also, you should also get a gallon or two of 31.45% muriatic acid, and lower your PH to 7.2, especially with that high of a TA. Pool Math says 50oz in 25K gallons will lower PH from 7.6 to 7.2

Also, with a CYA of 70 (always round up, the CYA scale is not linear) your FC Shock level for the SLAM is 28ppm. Pool math says to go from 1.5 to 28ppm you need 981oz of 8.25% bleach, or 10 large jugs (I think they are 98oz each). I recommend you buy a few extra as you will need to add it to maintain FC.

If if you go with 10% chlorine you will need 847oz (about 6-3/4 gallons) and with 12.5% you will need 667oz (about 5-1/4 gallons) to get to slam level, plus additional chlorine to maintain the SLAM.

Dom

Hi Dom,

A quick update. Did the SLAM over last weekend to early this week. Water is clear for several days. FC level is stable. Looks all good. The only thing so far is the filter pressure. I have Sta Rite system 3 cartridge filter. I cleaned 5 days ago when pressure was 19psi. After cleaning it went back to 15psi. Over the past 5 days, it slowly climbed to 18 psi and looks like it is not stablized yet. Where to start the troubleshooting now?

thanks.

Hi Dom,

A quick update. Did the SLAM over last weekend to early this week. Water is clear for several days. FC level is stable. Looks all good. The only thing so far is the filter pressure. I have Sta Rite system 3 cartridge filter. I cleaned 5 days ago when pressure was 19psi. After cleaning it went back to 15psi. Over the past 5 days, it slowly climbed to 18 psi and looks like it is not stablized yet. Where to start the troubleshooting now?

thanks.

Sounds like your filter is just doing its job of catching the junk, therefore the rising pressure you're seeing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.