Montgomery Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Here in Texas we have had some serious rain. And after testing my Calcium is at 175ppm . Are heat is just starting and pretty soon I’m sure alot of evaporation will start . I have a autofill on my pool and I’m pretty sure it’s high in Calcium. I have never had to add Calcium to my pool and it usually stays between the 300ppm to 400ppm range . Should I just wait till the evaporation and autofill process begins or should I add Calcium Chloride now ? I’m also concerned that if I add Calcium Chloride it will effect my Salt . Thank you 😊

What is your current CSI? If you don't know, make sure that CSI tracking is enabled in the pool math app. If you can maintain CSI above -0.30 you should be okay I until CH levels begin to rise.

What is the CH level of your fill water?

What is your current CSI? If you don't know, make sure that CSI tracking is enabled in the pool math app. If you can maintain CSI above -0.30 you should be okay I until CH levels begin to rise.

What is the CH level of your fill water?
0.25 is my csi . I’m use to being in the .009 to .005 range .

I have a autofill on my pool and I’m pretty sure it’s high in Calcium.
What's the CH and TA of your fill water?

Should I just wait till the evaporation and autofill process begins or should I add Calcium Chloride now ?
I would add a small amount of calcium, enough to achieve CH of 225-250. CH will continue to slowly rise over the course of the summer.

I’m also concerned that if I add Calcium Chloride it will effect my Salt.
It won't.

Reactions: Walter2050