Lost in my SLAM

So, with a little testing-- it turns out that it was the testing vial.

It took two cleanings with 91% isopropanol to get it back to testing properly, the 2nd time I let it soak in isopropanol before scrubbing it out.

The take home for me is that I'm going to replace my testing vial periodically-- this one was probably about 5 years old.

I can't help suspect that something was also a little off with my water chemistry at the start of the SLAM yesterday-- I put at least 6 gallons of 10% Chlorine in the pool over a day, but I'm only in the low 20s on FC today. But, the point is, I can now finish out the SLAM like normal, which I couldn't do with unreliable FC levels and inaccurate CC levels from my dirty test vial.

You’ll be amazed at how clear it comes! Mine was so stained I couldn’t read the numbers until I cleaned it. Now I do it regularly- the stuff you don’t really think about ….
You're absolutely correct about it being the stuff you don't think about. I had all kinds of ideas, but the testing vial wasn't even on my radar. This was why I turned to the forum to do a "public" slam, different eyes on the problem see different things. Thanks a million.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.