Lost a lot of water since closing

Hi,

I have a 30' above ground pool and I'm still relatively new to all of this. My water level has dropped at least 18 inches since I closed it in the fall. I have two massive trees in my yard that dump a ton of leaves so I try to keep up with both the leaves and the water that accumulate on top of the cover. I didn't notice any water loss before we closed the pool.

Two questions:
Is it likely that draining water off of the cover is actually draining the pool? (Brand new cover this year so there were no holes in the cover when it was put on)

Should I add water to bring it back up? Very cold temps are forecast beginning this evening and over the next couple of days. I'm going to start adding some now while I wait for a reply.

Thanks,
John

Add water to regain the strength of the pool. Then stop draining and wait it out. If it stops lowering itself then you were unintentionally draining the pool through the cover. In order to know for sure, you have to have it be thawed. If it freezes in 2 days, it could freeze the leak as well and falsly point to the pump as the source.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.