Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2016
Cookeville Tn
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I noticed last summer (2020) that I was needing to refill the pool to keep water level so that I could operate filter using skimmer. I was also filtering pulling through the main drain. Was having to replace at rate of about 1/4”++ per day. Fast forward to fall closing. Drained to below inlets and closed pool for winter. After closing, water level continued to drop until it was barely covering the bottom step. After opening pool this year I contacted the local pool place that I use and they came out and repaired at least 12 places in the liner where water was being lost. I am still losing water at about half the rate of last year and still am needing to replace water about every 2 days in order to keep at proper skimmer level. The pool people have come back and cannot find/see other leaks. Am wondering if I’m looking at replacing the liner (this liner is prob about 8-10 yrs old). Any thoughts, suggestions where to look for leaks, etc????

After about 10 years, you may be getting close to replacement time. Not just age, but foot traffic, cleaners, brushing, and other items in the water can at some point cause a small tear. It would still be good to ensure a patch isn't needed somewhere though. Use the info in the links below to help. No doubt some leaks can be extremely tricky to find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.