Losing suction and filter pressure when hooking up vaccume

Jun 8, 2015
California
Good afternoon,
I'll start by saying I have a 17,500 gallon inground pool with a liner we just bought a new 1hp Hayward pump. Not a fancy dual speed one just the middle of the road pump. We have a cartridge filter I believe it says 100sq ft. The pool itself is a older probably around 20-25 yrs old but we've had the liner replaced about 3 yrs ago and they Lso did side wall work as well as the plywood was starting to rot. Hopefully that is all the pertinent info you need for my question. Normal filter pressure on a clean filter is about 10psi I clean it when it gets to 20psi. So our issue is when we hook up the vaccume that runs by itself we lose pressure in the filter the psi goes down atleast 6-10psi and the suction becomes almost non existent I just bought a new vaccume hose and I can not see or hear any leaks coming from the hose. When the vaccume is running but not really moving because of lack of suction I have pulled it up to look and make sure nothing is blocking the suction and everything is clear. The arms/wings/feet of the vaccume are moving although slower than what it used to. The problem has been going on for about a year and we thought a new pump would fix it. The first time we hooked up the vaccume to the new pump it worked good. But a few times later if was back to low suction. So we're open to ideas as to what might be going on. Pump is only 2 months old. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.