Losing Prime in pump. Extremely low pressure in filter.

If your pressure has risen from 20 to 25-27 in an hour, it is a good indicator there is a lot of debris in your water and you will need to SLAM.

Make sure you have fixed the prime issues first and then SLAM your pool......article is in Pool School. Over 80% of newbies don't follow the procedure correctly and it gets long and drawn out and frustrating.

Ok awesome guys. Thank yall so much. I ordered a replacement Oring for the one that is worn out at the drain plug in my pump. I will be here in 2 soon. The pressure hasnt changed since this morning. I will let you know how it looks when i put the new Oring on.

Again, thank you all for your help.

I had a similar issue with low pressure that I could not figure out. 2 psi with inadequate inflow and outflow through filter after triple checking everything. Pulled motor out of housing and removed debris and chewed up plastic ring that was wrapped around impeller. Normal 7-13 psi afterwards. Thanks for the tip, everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.