Loop Loc estimate seems crazy

It does seem odd that the cost would be based on measuring the largest possible rectangle you would need to cover the pool when the actual cover would not be anywhere near that size.
I think that there is a lot of waste because they have to cut the pattern from the rectangle.

Try the dealer locator at the other manufacturers.

So James pointed out my misreading on LL's website when looking my cover up. They claim that LL Custom Covers are unreturnable as they are made specifically for the client. I didn't realize the capital letters differentiated a product line, instead of all their covers being hand made for the customer.

Regardless, my dense mesh is custom because we went with gray. It was a 15% or 20% upcharge with a 6 week wait. (The guy said 20% at first and then when he called me back with the quote, 15%)

My 989 Sq ft cover is $3300 installed. Double that for a 50% larger cover and 'commercial' and it's $6600.

I don't see where the other $4100 is going.

Reactions: JamesW and Bperry
My 989 Sq ft cover is $3300 installed.
The webbing/strap spacing is also a factor.

If yours is a 4 x 4 spacing, the larger is probably a 3 x 3 spacing.

This requires more straps and more anchors, springs and spring covers as well as more installation time.

A large custom cover is also harder to install than a smaller rectangle cover.

Reactions: Newdude
Hi,

Which cover did you end up getting?
I also just got quoted like 10K for a Looploc
Highly recommend contacting COVERTECH directly. Then calling around to ask for installation services. I found a local place that was a COVERTECH dealer, but ordered direct. I was able to work with a direct sales person, and arrange shipment directly to my home. Even with freight and $450 install from local pool store, it was less than half the price of local quotation.

Granted, I have a rectangular cover, 16'x38' standard sized. I got the premium or deluxe upgraded type, and it was only $1460 shipped! (cover only)

Worth checking out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.