Looking to purchase new agp - saltwater setup.

traustic

Jun 29, 2018
Abilene, Texas
The last three years I've had a 'summer waves' 16' x 48" pool that worked well with my intex swg and intex 16" pump. Due to rust on the top rails we are thinking about buying a resin hybrid hard wall pool. I've already drained the old pool and will be taking it away in the next week or two.

What recommendations do you have for best bang for the buck pools? We were thinking of 52" deep but the size really depends on the budget.
Looking around $2600-2900 for a pool, but my concern is how big can I go and my pump and swg still be effective.

The intex swg is 'rated' for 15,000 gallons but in my experience I think it would have a hard time keeping up with 10,000 gallons.
The pump/sand filter has a pump flow rate of 3000 GPH and a system flow rate of 2, 450 GPH.

I could possibly sell my current pump / swg but not sure if it would be worth the hassle to help pay towards better filtration.

Where would you purchase a pool from? Recommendations on brand/size?

Check out the poolfactory.com if u intend to diy.
Most here are very happy w/ their pools & customer service.
There is a new all resin model including walls but I think it may be out of your price range.
@kellyfair just installed one & i think she has her intex stuff hooked to it for now.
I have a 33’ round 26k gal pool & ran fine for the past two seasons on one 7k & one 15k gal intex swg since I already had them. My 7k died at the end of the season (brain failure- it was several years old) & for the most part the 15k gal unit kept up ok after the weather got milder. I am sure i will have to supplement w/ liquid chlorine in the middle of the season - not ideal but it’s what’s in my budget for now.
I also use an intex automatic pool cleaner.
You can always upgrade things as u get the opportunity.

Reactions: traustic
Hello! I second the motion for The Pool Factory - I got so lucky and hit them when they were having a killer sale! I am indeed using my Intex combo with SWG for now, and it’s doing surprisingly well. I don’t know what I want yet, so that’s one reason, and it’s only 3 years old so I’m not ready to toss it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.