Looking to GC my shotcrete pool build in Maryland (MD)

senatore412

Jun 27, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Hey all, new to this forum and pools building. After meeting with several pool builders and seeing their prices, I thought, how can I save money? Why cant I GC the build? It looks like many of you have and I want to too! I have always been a DIYer. I understand finding subcontractors, and good ones at that, is difficult at first. Everything I search, I end up with pool builders.

Can anyone recommend any subs(excavation, plumbing, electrical, shotcrete, ect) in or work in Maryland?

Thank you all very much for your time. I am excited to look around and get started.

Jack-

You can start by asking the PB for a list of their subs. Once you have their subs you contact the subs and ask for referrals and who they like for different trades like plumbing, electrical, etc.
also I hear pool stores have a sub list sometimes. That should at least start you on your way

Welcome to TFP!! :wave:
Ohhhhh.... you're one of those people I admire like mythical gods! Owner Builders. That's so awesome!

You're definitely where you need to be. TFP will be your constant companion - well, almost. There are experts galore here, and they are amazing.

You might try doing a search in the search bar at the top of the page. I tried 'Maryland owner build'. I didn't find anything obviously helpful (to me), but you might see something I didn't.

Bmoreswim, one of the moderators for TFP, is from Maryland. He may be able to give you some leads. I'm sure he will show up as soon as he sees 'Maryland' in your thread title. I'll check in again tomorrow to make sure.

I love owner builds!!! Thanks for dropping in. Kick off your shoes, and stay awhile!

Suz :sun:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.