Looking for Salt in Dallas Texas - anyone have free shipping?

Apr 13, 2017
Little Elm Texas
So, trying to avoid leaving the house.
Need just one more bag of salt. Been getting them from HD, super cheap at like 7 bucks a bag or something.
No one delivers though, well they do, but it is like a 100 bucks.
Might have to go to leslie's I guess since Lowes and HD in Frisco/Little Elm are sold out.
Anyone know what the prices are at Leslie's?
Mortons on Amazon is like 30 bucks a bag.

How about ordering online from a different HD or Lowes for pickup. When you get there call them and ask them to roll it out to the curb where you'll be waiting. Pop the trunk, or bed of the truck and let them handle the rest while you remain in the car/cab.

Just a thought?

Maddie :flower:

I bought some at Lowes yesterday and they had plenty. I would go in the garden door (dont have to touch anything) grab the bag (nobody else has touched it that day) and be smart on how I pay and use some hand sanitizer when I get to the car.

I feel much better about that than having something that has to be touched by multiple people before it gets to my door.

I'm kinda worried about the poor delivery folks.... they're going to be dropping like flies the way they're being tasked to work delivering everything and anything to our doors while we stay safe and snug.

Shop locally if you can :) Order take out food too if your restaurants are still trying to serve folks.

Maddie :flower:

We get our's at Sam's Club. They have the service where you can order online for pickup. You could also try Costco or BJs.

I have found the local dfw big box stores to be out/low on "pool salt", but have water softener pure salt (i.e. larger crystals, but no other agents). Yesterday I bought 4 bags @ HD NRH as my pool was testing low, but the HD was a zoo with way too many people in close proximity for my liking.

If you have any seed/feed ag stores, near you, you might check for stock salt. Mine has Morton Stock Salt, 50lb bags, granular, reasonably priced. NaCl is NaCl. I did get one bag of stock salt once that had more sand in it that I wanted, but the robot took care of that. Some brands of stock salt look like table salt, others look pretty dirty... check first. Make sure no anti-caking agents are included. The seed feed stores typically load you up too and they are not a madhouse.

Last edited:
We usually get ours from Academy Sports, but they're out. Maybe other sporting goods stores. I ordered some from WalMart to pick up, but they didn't have any. At our Lowe's, you cannot go in thru the garden section. You have to go to the back of the store and get in line to go into the garden section. It's a zoo! Home Depot is out. If anybody has any other ideas, please post.

I tried to buy 18-40lb bags from Walmart on Friday . The Walmarts around us are starting to close the non-essential sections of the store , and only have the food and personal product aisles open . This includes the garden center . They blocked it off and locked it down literally as we got there . We could see the Morton pool salt through the glass doors , but were not allowed to buy it . Asked the manager, and it was a no-go . Decided to order it online, and use the "pick-up at store" option , as a plan B . It WORKED ! Got a text about 2 hours later it was ready for pick-up . Checked in , and the Walmart associate said he would meet us out front with it. A few minutes later , a cart with about 750 lbs of salt (and about 100lbs of BBQ pellets) rolled out the door. Walmart guy helped me load it all up and we were off . Tried to tip him, but he couldnt accept it :( . BTW , the Morton Pool Salt was 6.44 per 40lb bag.

Just a heads up that "pick-up from store" option will work for a BIG order of salt at Walmart !
Thank goodness, cause that was our only option !

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.