looking for bungee solution for pool cover to be used daily

michelegel

Bronze Supporter
Sep 9, 2015
Mamaroneck, NY
Hello - lots of trees/debris in pool area and I think the pool cover should go on at night (seasonal pool- coming down in the fall.

The cover that came with my bestway frame pool has little strings that tie on to the Ubar supports. Its' a total pain. Anyone have a good solution rigged with bungees or something?

Not needed for winterization. Could do a solar cover, but the spot is pretty shady, so it wouldn't really warm.

Thanks in advance!

I recommend a solar cover. They don't heat the pool as much as they help keep the heat in at night and on cloudy or windy days when you're not using the pool. If you want the water to warm up, remove the cover and expose it to the sun.

I also have trees near my pool and at times I get a zillion of those maple seeds on my cover. If I can get someone to help me, we carefully remove the cover in the morning and dump the seeds on the lawn. If I'm by myself, sometimes what I do is use the garden hose and wash the top of the cover into the skimmer, then dump the skimmer basket before rolling the cover up.

Reactions: splashpad
I second the solar cover suggestion

We use it primarily to keep dust, leaves & bugs out of our pool.

What we do is fold the edges in (think of a tortilla wrap) and then haul the junk out of the pool/over the edge. One person can do it, but it's much easier with two

I second the solar cover suggestion

We use it primarily to keep dust, leaves & bugs out of our pool.

What we do is fold the edges in (think of a tortilla wrap) and then haul the junk out of the pool/over the edge. One person can do it, but it's much easier with two
Hard to believe no one has invented a solar cover with a mesh debris catcher on one end yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.