Looking for advice on what is causing this problem...

NWB

May 14, 2018
Kemptville
Hi guys,

I am not the original owner of this pool. I am trying to fix it up and I'm not sure what is causing the problem? The top rail around the curved sides of the pool are perfectly flat (horizontal) but the top rails along the "non curved" sides of the oval pool are tilting on an angle. I'n not sure what would cause this? Adding pictures shortly...

Hello and thank you! :)

The walls seem ok... they might look a little messy in the pictures, but that's just from me investigating the problems. The walls are vertical... I went to a local pool shop and they said the issue could be from the side walls dropping in height and pulling down on the top rails making them slant the way they are. Does that seem right to you guys? It does make sense in my mind. I just want to move the least possible so I don't make extra work for myself. I was thinking of tying a string from one corner post to the other corner post on the same side and see if the straight centre walls are at the same height or if there is a gap (that would show they dropped). Anyone have a better idea?

A string would tell you if the middle posts are sunken. If you have access to one (or rent one) those laser levels on a tripod are a great way at shooting each post and see if they are the same height. You could also set up a water level. It’s basically clear tubing that you fill with water. You set one end at a reference height and use the other end to set the equal height. Google search these if you need more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.