Looking for a wireless pool thermometer

Awesome! It looks a lot like the box I stuffed all my exterior home automation stuff into! It's been working great for years. Though I wouldn't have been able to use a clear front, because of the UV exposure my box gets. Nice to be able to see inside. Speaking of which...

If I had to pick at anything (not that you asked)... I gave up using anything non-metallic to secure wires. Even the "UV rated" zip times just don't hold up where I live. So it's all stainless steel for me now. Just as handy and easy as zips, but they'll last forever. And I can cut it to any length. I mostly use this stuff outside now:

If your box and ties get heavy sun, that's something to ponder. If your box gets a lot of sun, you could always paint the cover and just leave a little square clear to see the display.

"Hey Siri, pool temperature?"
"HEY SIRI, pool temperature!!"

Yah, it's fun when it works, but I bet Alexa won't been to be asked twice!! I gott'a repeat myself to Siri about every fifth time. She's not 100% attentive. Or just lazy. I think Alexa is better at that, but I'm not envious enough to put another eavesdropper inside my house. What have we gotten ourselves into?! o_O

Good work. Enjoy!

Awesome! It looks a lot like the box I stuffed all my exterior home automation stuff into! It's been working great for years. Though I wouldn't have been able to use a clear front, because of the UV exposure my box gets. Nice to be able to see inside. Speaking of which...

If I had to pick at anything (not that you asked)... I gave up using anything non-metallic to secure wires. Even the "UV rated" zip times just don't hold up where I live. So it's all stainless steel for me now. Just as handy and easy as zips, but they'll last forever. And I can cut it to any length. I mostly use this stuff outside now:

If your box and ties get heavy sun, that's something to ponder. If your box gets a lot of sun, you could always paint the cover and just leave a little square clear to see the display.

"Hey Siri, pool temperature?"
"HEY SIRI, pool temperature!!"

Yah, it's fun when it works, but I bet Alexa won't been to be asked twice!! I gott'a repeat myself to Siri about every fifth time. She's not 100% attentive. Or just lazy. I think Alexa is better at that, but I'm not envious enough to put another eavesdropper inside my house. What have we gotten ourselves into?! o_O

Good work. Enjoy!
Thanks! Had not thought about the UV impact on the weather box.. Hmm. Great idea about painting though if it does yellow. Hopefully I will get lucky and it lasts a few years before then. We'll see I guess. Eventually I plan to add to this so I can control the heater via relay connected to pool Temp. Maybe next year .. It never ends.. Lol

Reactions: Dirk
Hopefully I will get lucky and it lasts a few years
I'd be more concerned about the components and wiring inside, unless that clear part has some UV qualities to it. I'm projecting a bit, the sun here is brutal and my pad is on the West side, so it takes a beating. I have all my pipes painted and all my wires covered in wire loom. I wish my filter and valves were painted, too, because they're taking it hard, as well. I really should cover the pad, but it's not particularly practical to do that.

check valve.jpg