Looking for a *better* pool vac system

The thing that will probably really spin your head is your problem is VERY likely not a filter problem at all.......it's a chemistry issue and what you see on the floor is dead algae. Almost no one wants to believe that at first but that is the issue more than 90% of the time.
That wouldn't spin my head at all, except that since I found the light with TFP and testing my water nightly, my FC is maintained at the upper end of the ideal range for my CYA levels, so wouldn't that suggest that I have algae under control? What settles on the bottom and angled sides of my pool is greenish, to be sure, but I live in a high-pollen area with plenty of trees nearby. And, we have had quite a few storms lately. If I had a manual vac that worked, I am sure the pollen or algae or whatever it is would be easily gotten rid of. The water is otherwise crystal clear, but brushing just agitates things, makes the water cloudy, and my filter isn't filtering well enough (even though I have gone through the sand filter cleaning process referenced previously). Saving up for that robot purchase for spring, 2021.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.