Long term experience with Loop-Loc 15" Pipe Anchors?

jasn54

May 20, 2009
Greetings all:

I am in the process of finishing a new fiberglass pool and surrounding granite decking. I've purchased a Loop-Loc cover and full set of 15" Aluminum Pipe Anchors to relieve cover stress from the decking. The pool is in a sandy area (Cape Cod), and my builder and I are concerned about how, over time, the pipe may not adhere to the subsurface and possibly "spin" when raising and lowering the fitting.

I've read about the value of cleaning the fitting threads each year and am prepared to do so. I was hoping that some other owners/contractors can weigh in on this issue from their experience and share some helpful advice/experience.

BTW, I've owned a L-L cover at my previous home and had installed the fittings into concrete decking. Over the years I did have to replace a few that froze and stripped out.

Thx, Jim

I’d be tempted to put in concrete pillars using Sonotubes below the deck surface to anchor the pipe anchors in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.