Liquidator ordered!

Blowout said:
Picked up the tap at Ace... the guy at the store took me to the wrong tap...at least I don't feel so bad if he got confused too :oops:

Everything is up and running now. Thanks for the great input!

Noticed the fittings leaked at first until they were pushed and pulled a few times. The Watts are sensitive fittings. Also installed a Hayward metering valve. Currently have the flow meter dancing at 3. I'll test the water for chlorine in the am and see how it reads.

Awesome! Glad you got it up and running. We want pics!!

Jose

Finally got around to taking some pics of the install...

8058421159_4892791406.jpg

Painted the LQ and added a gallon of water at a time and marked it off as recommended.
8058420963_8f4fdd4606.jpg

Drilled through the elbow to provide twice the thickness of material to tap into. It also makes the inside of the fitting almost flush with the inside of the pipe. I used the Watts RT angle fitting to the pump drain plug.
8058420454_c8583a8f67.jpg

Hayward valve installed. Since I have a Pentair variable speed pump, I found adjusting the pump to a lower speed with the valve wide open worked great until I plumbed in the heater. The heater created additional back pressure and the flow meter jumped from 3 to 5. Now I use the valve to adjust back down to 3. I'm installing a valve to bypass the heater tomorrow so I can check again that the heater back pressure makes the flowmeter rise.
8058420510_8e6c5e186f.jpg

Thanks to all that contributed on this thread. It made the install go together without a hitch. :goodjob:

Got the liquidator installed today.

Thanks to the info in this thread and others, I utilized the drain port on the Whisperflo pump for the suction side and used a 1/4" pipe tap on the return side. Not the prettiest install and some bad low light cell phone pics, but everything seems to be working and without any leaks. Flow meter goes up to 5. Had some issues with pump prime after initial install but discovered my tubing wasn't inserted fully in the valve and was drawing air into the line.

Got the liquidator marked for level. Next I gotta paint the tank.

Attachments

• skidfull.jpg
    skidfull.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 143
  • pipetap.jpg
    pipetap.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 143
  • drainport.jpg
    drainport.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 143
Glad to see that my thread was able to help some people out! I absolutely love the LQ. Also after adding borates, it's nice to only have to add acid once in a while. Thanks to everything I've learned on this forum, my pool really is trouble-free! Now if my 2yo son would just grow up enough to brush the pool for me, I'll be all set. :)

Jose

Just did an add on to the LC fill funnel. Got the idea while I was...well...ya know.
The antisplash device worked as planned when adding chlorine. Just trimmed it to fit.
I was getting tired of the :splash:

Bought it from ekcos.com for about $9 shipped with tax. Figure if it saves one pair of pants or a shirt it pays for itself.

9461129657_638d76947b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got tired of pouring the chlorine and came up with this:

Drilled 2 holes in a cap so it can be inverted in the funnel. The chlorine slowly enters the LC as the level is reduced. Gives me time to do other things. Also found if the splash device is angled down, there is less splash. Jug fits in the funnel with the splash device like this too...

9597794396_e8fc7797e2.jpg

9597791076_86cc4b7e71.jpg

9594996609_4958235ee8.jpg

Brass is copper and zinc and the copper will begin to turn the plaster green over an extended period of time. It did to mine because we had copper pipe for about 3 feet going to and from the original heater.

Adding full strength chlorine directly on the brass would have considerably more reactivity with the copper and would expect you would get a high copper level in the pool as well. I'd stick to a non-metal material.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.