Cisco6

Aug 7, 2022
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone, this is my 1st time having a pool and doing everything myself. I was using tabs in the inline feeder but have now switched to liquid chlorine. My question is does this cause more muriatic acid to be used? Seems like I’m using about double what I was using when I was doing tabs and calhypo. I use the TFpro, pool is about 30k gallons. Here’s my latest readings:
PH 8
TA 80
CH 325
FC 4.5
TC 5
CYA 50

My question is does this cause more muriatic acid to be used?
Tabs are acidic, so they also help to keep the pH (and TA) a bit lower. That can be good or bad. Using liquid chorine is the right choice, and controlling the pH with acid once or twice a week is perfectly normal.

Tabs are acidic, so they also help to keep the pH (and TA) a bit lower. That can be good or bad. Using liquid chorine is the right choice, and controlling the pH with acid once or twice a week is perfectly normal.
Thanks! I’m regularly doing about 70ish ozs twice a week so I didn’t know if that was odd or not

I’m regularly doing about 70ish ozs twice a week so I didn’t know if that was odd or not
We don't know much about your pool since your signature is blank, but if you have any sources of aeration (waterfall, bubblers, spa spillover, etc) those can increase pH as well. Your last TA is listed as 80, so don't worry about letting it fall a little lower. I keep my TA anywhere between 50-80. A little lower TA for you might help slow the rise of pH as well.

We don't know much about your pool since your signature is blank, but if you have any sources of aeration (waterfall, bubblers, spa spillover, etc) those can increase pH as well. Your last TA is listed as 80, so don't worry about letting it fall a little lower. I keep my TA anywhere between 50-80. A little lower TA for you might help slow the rise of pH as well.
Great thanks for the info, and I just added some info on the signature. New to all this

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.