Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
They came out and pulled the liner and we have a relatively significant amount of water coming in by the stairs there (basically under the plastic on the bottom and seems to work it's way to the right). There's a french drain around the pool because they thought this was a problem when building it, but it actually wasn't - they cut my sump pump line so it was filling the hole but once they repaired that it was fine. So this has developed in the 11 years since the pool was built and I've not really had any issues. I dropped my pump in the french drain but it's too high and the bottom of it is about 8 inches off the floor of the pool. I pumped it for 3 hours and then there wasn't much in there, but it did look like a trickle was still coming into it. Maybe that will help overall but who knows.

The liner guy says this is pretty typical looking for a saltwater pool but the water is a problem. He said they normally put something along the base (they weren't the ones who built it), but if it's that wet, they won't be able to. So, to that end, what can we do about that water coming in??

20220519_120121.jpg

Um...anyone? Still don't understand why this was moved from "Everything Else" over to this forum (and no notification thereof) but I was hoping to get at least a little feedback here.

When I had my liner swapped back in March, there was water in the deep end - about the same amount. The water table here is high in March, so it was not surprising. The installer had a pump running, and it would take the water out - about an inch or so a day would come back in just to the deep end. When he redid the vermiculite floor, the bottom of the hopper in the deep end was never really dry enough to use vermiculite because of the water, so we agreed that he would use sand for that part of the bottom only. It worked out fine - liner install overall came out great, and the weight of the water in the pool is keeping things in place. I do have a wellpoint with a sump pump, but that only runs during very heavy rain - most often in spring.

Um...anyone? Still don't understand why this was moved from "Everything Else" over to this forum (and no notification thereof) but I was hoping to get at least a little feedback here.
Moderators will move posts to where they think it gets the most exposure. That said, most people view the forums in a format where the exact forum doesn't really matter.

Moderators have your best interests in mind and won't move a post unless there is good reason.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Moderators will move posts to where they think it gets the most exposure. That said, most people view the forums in a format where the exact forum doesn't really matter.

Moderators have your best interests in mind and won't move a post unless there is good reason.
I get that and understand. It's just that a) many similar questions were in everything else, which is where I originally posted it and b) typically whomever moves a post will let the OP know, either by message or in the thread. Just incongruous for how things normally work here.

When I had my liner swapped back in March, there was water in the deep end - about the same amount. The water table here is high in March, so it was not surprising. The installer had a pump running, and it would take the water out - about an inch or so a day would come back in just to the deep end. When he redid the vermiculite floor, the bottom of the hopper in the deep end was never really dry enough to use vermiculite because of the water, so we agreed that he would use sand for that part of the bottom only. It worked out fine - liner install overall came out great, and the weight of the water in the pool is keeping things in place. I do have a wellpoint with a sump pump, but that only runs during very heavy rain - most often in spring.
Installer says current rate (which is much slower - it was really coming pretty fast initially) might be manageable. So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. My guess is that with a full pool it's not a big issue but we need it dry for now. So wish me luck!!

Reactions: Lanzz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.