Liner questionm

Hayseed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Keyser, WV
I found out about the clips you install over the pool walls to change a lap pool to accept a beaded liner. I hope this is correct, or is it just to enable to use j hook liners. What I would like to know is, if it does change the lap pool liner to a beaded liner, what would be the correct size beaded liner. If you have a 52 inch wall pool and add the clips what height beaded liner do you buy? And too are these type clips ok to use?

Not quite sure what you mean by clips?? For a beaded liner it goes into reciever/slot that is 4ft long piece that sits over the wall like
this.

It spans the entire circumference of the wall and the bead of the liner snaps down into it.

When using a J-hook, the liner slips over the wall and then coping strips and stabilizer rails are placed over the hook part of the liner and hold it all securely in place.

I am calling these four foot bead receiver things clips, because they clip down over the pool wall, and enable the use of a beaded liner, as opposed to having to use only a lap liner. Is that what this product is for! Or something else. This is what I am wanting to do. My pool is designed for a lap liner. I have searched lap liners for my pool, there are not a whole lot of choices, in the lap line-up. I have found many beaded liners I like at good prices as well. So I want these beaded liner clips to put on my pool wall, so I can use the beaded liner. My pool wall is 52" and you said I would need a 52" beaded liner to fit the pool correctly. Is this right, want to order both the clips and liner but need confirmation first, thanks

Ok I understand your thought now. We all have our ways of understanding things.

But yes you need a 52" liner since your wall is 52". And you're right there are a ton of cool patterns and options for beaded liners as opposed to an overlap.

Oh also make sure you order bead reciever that is for your oval pool. The strips are rigid and do not flex so proper sizing is important.

Thanks for the great information. I did find the clips that fit my pool, atleast it's for a pool of my same size. I guess these pools generally have the same standard shape. Now I need to unload my lap liner.

I would imagine so. They'll also be more prone to fading faster. Mine is 3yrs old and this is a pic I just took for this post.
20180628_153715.jpg

It has faded some, used to be darker and more vivid and in the beginning there used to be a little bit of purple in some of the tiles like this which have now faded to more of a periwinkle blue.

This pool and this liner gets maybe 4-5hrs of actual full sun exposure and it will go up in temp 5-8 degrees from morning to evening just from what sun it sees. And I would classify this as a medium to light colored liner.

The liner looks great, must have really looked super before. I hope my new liner I bought looks as good after fading. When using the lap liner, there are rails placed over the liner as it wraps the top of pool wall. With these bed receiver hooks I wonder if there needs to something placed over these, such as the lap liner top rails?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's good news. Mr. J. I have found out with these pools if you can save a little money somewhere, to do it, because, down the road there are plenty of things you can't give up quality for value. Thanks for information

That's good news. Mr. J. I have found out with these pools if you can save a little money somewhere, to do it, because, down the road there are plenty of things you can't give up quality for value. Thanks for information

No problem. It's better to be well informed going into it than blindly attempt something and have a potential catastrophic mess later on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.