Light algae on walls

bware

Platinum Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
The Woodlands, TX
Have reoccurring dusting of algae on pool walls and hot tub. Just tested and don’t see anything way out of range. See below:
Ph 7.8
Fc 5
Cc 0
Ch 400
Ta 90
Cya 80
Temp 80
Salt 2950

doesn’t make any sense to me but what do I know. Any thoughts from the pros?

Well, pollen and dust would sink to the bottom. Before we assume the worst (algae), you might just kick-up that FC level for today with some liquid chlorine and get it up to about 8-10 ppm. Try to keep it elevated like that all day today. Then run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test this evening with the SWG off about 30 before grabbing the first FC sample. See if you are experiencing a large FC loss overnight.

Well, pollen and dust would sink to the bottom. Before we assume the worst (algae), you might just kick-up that FC level for today with some liquid chlorine and get it up to about 8-10 ppm. Try to keep it elevated like that all day today. Then run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test this evening with the SWG off about 30 before grabbing the first FC sample. See if you are experiencing a large FC loss overnight.
Sounds like a good plan. I’ll have to do this tomorrow as I won’t be around tonight to take samples. I’ll report back afterwards. Thx for the info.

Should pump be running during the OCLT? Thanks!

Should pump be running during the OCLT? Thanks!
If you are doing an OLCT alone and not as part of an actual SLAM Process, then the pump simply needs to be on for about 30 minutes after adding the last chlorine dose at night and before grabbing the sample. Once you get the night water sample, you can turn it off. In the morning, the pump needs to be on for about 30 minutes before grabbing the morning sample to mix everything well again. I have a 2-speed, so I just leave mine on low all night to not worry about it. :)

If you are doing an OLCT alone and not as part of an actual SLAM Process, then the pump simply needs to be on for about 30 minutes after adding the last chlorine dose at night and before grabbing the sample. Once you get the night water sample, you can turn it off. In the morning, the pump needs to be on for about 30 minutes before grabbing the morning sample to mix everything well again. I have a 2-speed, so I just leave mine on low all night to not worry about it. :)
👍Thanks!

full

Reactions: bware
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.