Leveling Intex Pool - Need advice!

PoolD

Jun 4, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am a new pool owner and plan to re-level my Intex 15x48 AGAIN after completely draining it due to a 2.5 in difference. The pool placement is 4 feet from my house and aprox. 10 feet from my neighbors house, so I'm extra panicked about leveling. I want to get this right so if anyone can give me advice as to my plan, I would greatly appreciate it.

The first time we did remove all the grass and "leveled" using sand to raise the high sides - I now know this was a BIG mistake.

Steps:
1) remove existing sand - to be used later
2) re-size entire area to 16.5ft circle - right now it is only 16ft. I plan to use 15.5ft for my pool/pavers and the remaining 1ft for pebble or white rock as an added support and decorative
3) dig down the high side 2.5 inches (to start) - since I already knew which side was high
4) using a 2x4, level to the lowest area first then spin around the entire area. I was planning on putting a wood post with nail in the middle of the area and dropping the 2x4 on top to spin it around
5) once leveled, lay sand over entire area, wet and tamp - not sure how much sand
6) remove center post and fill with dirt/sand
6) re-level entire area again to center (without the center post as a guide)
7) dig pavers into the ground all the way around the perimeter of the area - not just under the posts and level with the tamped sand
>> outside edge of paver will be at 7.25ft so that the posts sit in the middle of the paver
>> I'm actually using retaining wall caps (2-3/8"x12"x7-1/2"). I like that there is a lip at the end - not sure if it will help should the posts slip a little.
8) Level pavers to center and each other
9) cover entire area with the blue tarp that came with the pool
10) set up pool and check measurement for leveling
11) fill pool 2 inches and check for leveling
12) Pray that the pool is level!!
13) add rocks to outside 1ft with pebbles/white rock

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 79
Your steps sound good. I have rock around my pool too, and am seeing rocks kicked up under the edge of the pool. I am concerned that over time these rocks may migrate further under the pool and/or compromise the liner.
So, you may want to think of a way to keep your pebbles away from the edge of your pool.
Pete

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.