Let’s see your water after removing winter cover!! *PICS THREAD*

No, I don’t close early. First batch of chlorine and it’s already doing better. It will be hard to start a proper SLAM this evening, but I’ll hit it hard tomorrow and it should be fine by the end of the weekend. It may not pass the chlorine loss test but I’m sure it will look good by then.
That’s awesome. Are y’all getting the nice temperatures that we are getting in Ohio this weekend? Gonna be in the low 80s!

Reactions: Diane e
It’s late if you want the water to be crystal clear when you open. It’s too early to swim, but I’ll heat up the water and we’ll be in it around mid May.
no, I open mid may every year and my water is always crystal clear and blue. I've done that for 7 years, this is the first year I opened to green and I opened early (cover water got in, i knew it would be green)

Lies No GIF

That looks better than my pool mid-summer!! No worms or silt at all?!
The picture is what was vacuumed out from it but the water is crystal clear. So far every one of the pool openings with the winter mesh/stretch cover came out similar. Pools that are new to me this season are another story as I didn't close them so so were better then others. The tarped covered pools are all a ugly and disgusting because you can't possibly remove it with the water and debris even with a net on top still the sun had done it's number before you can get to it.
Screenshot_20240426_181049.jpg

Hopefully the old owners no longer have a pool or will discover TFP!! 😆
I just saw your progress pic and that is AMAZING!!!! How was the CYA level when you first tested? I’m just curious. ☺️ It’s a beautiful pool and late congrats on the new house!!
Thank you!! So, funny you should ask about the cya. I slammed assuming zero. When tested initially I went all the way to the top and could clearly see the black dot with no cloudiness at all. So I added stabilizer to get to 30. Tested 4 days later and cya read 40. So apparently there was about 10 in there at opening.

Looking much better today. I’ll keep the chlorine level up for a couple days as I get some other things taken care of. Next step is to get the SWG working. Water temp is 61 degrees so I think it’s in range to work but it says it’s low on salt. So, probably put in some salt tomorrow after I test it to make sure it’s low. Happy with the progress so far.

IMG_3525.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude