Let me make the expensive mistake so you don't have to

Jun 23, 2017
Sparta, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Like they do, the cable from our Dolphin Active 30 got twisted in the pool and ended up with some lumpy bits. I had been untangling and stretching out the cable on our (brick) pool deck to sit in the sun and then letting Wall-E the robot just pull it back into the pool as he was moving around. Top tip - don't do that. After less than 2 summers, the cable is worn through, presumably from the lumpy bit dragging on the rough brick, and I've just spent $200 ordering a new one from Marina.

IMG_4210.jpg

What was the timeframe for those swelled up areas to appear? Ours has spent 24/7 out on the pool deck for two years during a 8 month pool season and that isn’t happening.

I think I poorly treated the cable last summer because I’m pretty certain that they were there when I opened the pool in May this year. We have the pool open for about 4 months (may-sept).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.