Leslie’s blue whale liquid chlorine

Jul 11, 2020
Texas
Hi all,

Has anyone use this particular liquid chlorine? I spill a couple of drops on my pool coping and the next morning I see green algea in that spot. I was able to wash it away but it seems odd. Also I unintentionally raise my FC to 32 instead of my SLAM level FC 13 since my cya is 30. Should I be worried?

Sharing my lesson learned. Don’t ever go start the SLAM process without having spare reagents. I’m in the middle of it and ran out, can’t even buy it at Leslie. Bought the kit at leslie and it test total chlorine not free chlorine. 🙄Was not happy to waste a trip. Now gotta wait for online order. 😔

I use Blue Whale liquid chlorine most of the time. It is about the cheapest around here. Was it algae you saw or etching because of the direct chlorine on the coping? Chlorine will fade most anything - just as if you had drops on your shirt or pants.
No issue with your high FC - it will dissipate in the Texas sun. Just give it a couple of days. I would be careful not to swim until it comes down some.

Off topic and WAY late, but I can't keep the Blue Whale in the pool long enough to get a reading! How much do YOU put in at one time (and what size pool?)
I have to put 2 gallons in 20,000 gallons to be totally confident, but it burns up so fast.
I know what's coming .... but I add Instant Conditioner CYA in preparation for the liquid chlorine (and I float Trichlor tabs), but it's not long before all this rain kills the CYA.
pH, CH and TA are nearly perfectly in line w/ both Leslie's and Pinch a Penny's ideal readings.

Off topic and WAY late, but I can't keep the Blue Whale in the pool long enough to get a reading! How much do YOU put in at one time (and what size pool?)
I have to put 2 gallons in 20,000 gallons to be totally confident, but it burns up so fast.
I know what's coming .... but I add Instant Conditioner CYA in preparation for the liquid chlorine (and I float Trichlor tabs), but it's not long before all this rain kills the CYA.
pH, CH and TA are nearly perfectly in line w/ both Leslie's and Pinch a Penny's ideal readings.
Please post your full set of test data. Need to know your CYA level for sure. You may want to post this under chemistry Forum

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.