Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I want to buy 2 Ledge Loungers Chaise ( Deep )
I was thinking Coral ..or Blue.. (My wife won't commit to a colour until we can see liner colour choices: hate to clash.)
Anyway, 1500 (USD) + Freight + Brokerage? from Texas.
They gave us a dealer number that's closer and I called.

His price was (in CDN) 250 Freight + 2100

The third option.. and more the point of this thread..
They have 4 White Chaise Deep ( gently used ) and I could have 2 of those at 20% off the price. ( about 475 off including tax savings )
I forgot at the time to ask if I would also save the freight.. as these were a return and someone probably already paid the freight. (email response is pending..)
If I can save the freight as well .. we're talking over 700 in savings..

His description was gently used.. a lady bought them .. had them for a week and then returned.. so a week in a pool.
He wouldn't say pristine..
I just feel like a product that is only used a week is pretty much brand new condition and would be easy to say that to get a resale..
So bit of a flag..
I can drive to see them (2 hours each way)

Am I missing something.. should these chairs not look pristine? Do they weather badly in a short period of time?
Does anyone have the white and wish they got a coloured version to hide a dirt? or wish they got white to hide calcium or scale lines?
I just figured with a little bit of cleaning each week these should last and look good for quite a while....
Opinions of course are welcome..
Thank you

Hello Dave! :wave: Since no one has replied to your post yet, I thought I'd help to get it going. I don't have a good source for you, but I am surprised by the costs you are seeing. I had no idea they could be so much. I usually buy common pool chairs that make it about 2-3 years in our brutal TX sun. Your pool seasons are much different, so if you do get those lounge chairs, I hope they last you a good long time. Let's see if others reply to your questions. Good luck!

Reactions: Dave C In Ontario
Mine look fine after one full season. There were some areas that were a little dirty. Actually they got the worst when I took them out to put them away for winter, and left them sitting on the patio for a couple weeks. Had to scrub the snot out of them to get all the junk off of them that started growing while they sat there. Used some softscrub and a stiff bristle brush to clean them. Cleaned them up and put them away in our storage locker that we keep the pool floats in. Haven't looked at them since October so hopefully that thing is mostly waterproof and they aren't gross again.

I agree with JJ, they can get scratched fairly easily so I would understand not advertising as 'pristine'. But for a significant discount, I'd buy week old chairs.

--Jeff

For the minor knicks and scratches you can actually use torch to gently melt the plastic and "fill" in the dings that happen over time. Give Ledge Lounger a shout and they will send you the "repair" instructions. I actually took to my Ledge Lounger table with a kitchen torch (that had only been used to brown creme' brulee previously) and with patience I didnt set them on fire and the scratches were smoothed out.
To your point about driving two hours. In this day and age I would simply ask for photos to be sent of any areas on the chaises that show nicks or dings and that should enable an easier decision.

Thank you for the replies, I am a little slow in acknowledging :(
The result was... my wife saw some yellowing near the water line area and even though it was likely the lighting....
"we" decided to go with new versions...
I'm mostly okay with that as I would like a coloured chair anyway..more time to work that angle on her..
We'll order when the liner colour is finally selected.
Thanks again everyone
Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.