Ledge Lounger Chair-Floating issue

trafficdoc

Jun 13, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
We just placed our two Ledge Lounger high-back chairs on our sun shelf yesterday. We placed them first in the pool after removing the two plugs, following the instructions to tilt and rotate in all different directions as we filled the with pool water until there were no further air bubbles being released out of the holes. We replaced the plugs into the holes and placed the chairs on the sun shelf. The humped part of the chair where you legs go over, is floating up and causes the whole chair to rock, like a rocking chair, unless someone is actually sitting in the chair.

Our sun shelf is 8-3/4" deep, so it is below the 9" limit, so I know these should not be floating.

Any ideas what we could try to get these chairs to sit stable on the sun shelf? Anyone else have a similar issue?

I have the same issue. Mine only float up about 1" or so, so not awful, but still rock around a little unless you are in them.

I am really frustrated that Ledge Lounger doesn't have a single person with a half a brain there that can figure out that the plugs should be at the lowest and highest points, so that the chairs can fully fill with water. I knew it was going to be an issue before I even attempted to fill them just based on the plug location. Not only that, but emptying them is a bear also. Fortunately for you, your weather should allow them to remain filled. I have to pull mine for the winter. Maybe I need to buy a 55 gallon drum of glycol for next year. :laughblue:

--Jeff

I have the same issue. Mine only float up about 1" or so, so not awful, but still rock around a little unless you are in them.

I am really frustrated that Ledge Lounger doesn't have a single person with a half a brain there that can figure out that the plugs should be at the lowest and highest points, so that the chairs can fully fill with water. I knew it was going to be an issue before I even attempted to fill them just based on the plug location. Not only that, but emptying them is a bear also. Fortunately for you, your weather should allow them to remain filled. I have to pull mine for the winter. Maybe I need to buy a 55 gallon drum of glycol for next year. :laughblue:

--Jeff
Thank you for your response. Sorry to hear you are also dealing with this issue.

My biggest concern with the fact they are rocking constantly when the pump is on due to the water motion, is that I have a PebbleTec pool interior and I am a bit concerned the rocking will wear a groove into the interior surface.

I'll be calling Ledge Lounger this week. If I get any good info from them, I will share it with you.

I have the same chairs. Are you flipping them completely upside down and removing both plugs when filling?

I've had the same issue with rocking when I first filled mine, but I had not filled it all the way up. Once I did that they were solidly in place with no rocking.

Same issue here - I think the
Main issue is that their working depth is really just ~6” and not 9” as advertised. Our shelf is about 8” and we have the same issue with the rise where your knees would rest. Annoying.

Same issue here - I think the
Main issue is that their working depth is really just ~6” and not 9” as advertised. Our shelf is about 8” and we have the same issue with the rise where your knees would rest. Annoying.
Yup, that is the same issue for us. Very annoying! I mentioned it to the store that sold us the chairs and sent them photos of the issue and they have opened a case with the Ledge Lounger rep cause they told her this should not be happening.

We just placed our two Ledge Lounger high-back chairs on our sun shelf yesterday. We placed them first in the pool after removing the two plugs, following the instructions to tilt and rotate in all different directions as we filled the with pool water until there were no further air bubbles being released out of the holes. We replaced the plugs into the holes and placed the chairs on the sun shelf. The humped part of the chair where you legs go over, is floating up and causes the whole chair to rock, like a rocking chair, unless someone is actually sitting in the chair.

Our sun shelf is 8-3/4" deep, so it is below the 9" limit, so I know these should not be floating.

Any ideas what we could try to get these chairs to sit stable on the sun shelf? Anyone else have a similar issue?
Same issue here, 9” of water on the sun shelf. We have tried 5 times, each chair, exactly as instructed, with no change at all to the bottom bobbing 2” off the shelf. I suspect what another commenter posted: they are really more designed for 6” depth. I believe the grooves beneath ours are catching air pockets and floating the lower leg area, in addition to the buoyancy issue of it not being designed for the 8” plus water depth. I would not have purchased this if I thought this could be an issue. The only other option is to fill with sand…might have to. Seems like sand will just grow a whole funky damp mess inside unless dried for a week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 46
I just filled mine today, for the season. I stood them up in the pool and filled them with water. I used a hand pump from Harbor Freight to try and get as much air out as I could. I would say I got 98% of the air out. They rock about 1/2" up and down.

I firmly believe the issue has to do with not being able to get all of the air out, as JJ Tex eluded to above. I am not sure how you could ever get the air out with the plugs where they are. They sure didn't make it easy.

--Jeff

Reactions: Bunbun81
I was able to solve this issue with mine, the high back chairs. Pick up the back of the chair (the high back) and lean it forwards towards the "hump" where you knees go which moves the water fill forward and stabilizes the rocking. Worked for me.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Pick up the back of the chair (the high back) and lean it forwards towards the "hump" where you knees go which moves the water fill forward and stabilizes the rocking. Worked for me.
Gonna give this a shot. Thanks for the tip. Don't know why that never occurred to me to try that.

--Jeff

Reactions: Aspec

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.