Ledge lounger and depth

KDee

Jul 7, 2021
Southern CA
We are putting in a tanning ledge and I was wondering about the depth in relation to the ledge loungers. We are thinking 9”. If we get the ledge lounger, does that mean your butt is underwater while the the rest of you is drying off? I don’t think I want just my butt and feet to be wet! 😂
Please tell me your experiences.

If you don’t want to be wet leave your lounger on the pool deck. My ledge is at the second step into the pool. That puts it at the seat level of a standard patio recliner and deep enough for little kids to play. We love the depth.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeyEng and KDee
We have 12" of water and we have the Ledge Loungers with the smallest riser they offer. The part of your body that sits in the water(waist to upper thighs) is nearly covered, as well as your feet. Everything else is not in the water. If I get hot, I just dangle my feet and legs off the sides of the lounger and splash my upper body with water. I tried to make sure our tanning ledge was big enough so that a couple people could be on the loungers and a couple people could sit on the tanning ledge itself.

Reactions: KDee
If you don’t want to be wet leave your lounger on the pool deck. My ledge is at the second step into the pool. That puts it at the seat level of a standard pool recliner and deep enough for little kids to play. We love the depth.
I know that I want the depth of the tanning ledge to be 9 inches. I wouldn’t mind being wet, I would just prefer to have either just my feet wet or most of my lower half wet, not just my behind. Trying to determine if a lounger is the way to go or just an Adirondack or some similar chair.

Reactions: kjjones
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.