LED Pool Light

Mar 27, 2013
Dallas, TX
I just bought a new house, and the pool has two of the LED lights in the pool and one in the hot tub. When we did the initial inspection on the house, we noticed that one of the GFCIs that was linked to the lights was blown. They said it was due to the light being bad, so they disconnected the light and replaced the GFCI. I figured that actually was the problem until the other day when the GFCI got fried again after A LOT of rain. Come to find out, they've been installing indoor GFCIs outside, and the outlet casing wasn't sealing correctly. I replaced the GFCI with a proper outdoor one and sealed the casing, and now I want to reconnect the light to see if it works (and doesn't blow the fuse again). The pool is only about 4-5 years old, so I find it hard to believe that one of the LEDs just died. Problem is, I have no idea where the capped off wires go. I assume they go to one of the square switch things inside my e-box, but I have no idea which one. I'd really like to do it myself as opposed to calling out a pool company that will charge me $200 to hook up two wires.

Are any of you that are familiar with Jandy's e-boxes able to walk me through it or show me where I can go to find out?

Thanks in advance!

I just bought a new house, and the pool has two of the LED lights in the pool and one in the hot tub. When we did the initial inspection on the house, we noticed that one of the GFCIs that was linked to the lights was blown. They said it was due to the light being bad, so they disconnected the light and replaced the GFCI. I figured that actually was the problem until the other day when the GFCI got fried again after A LOT of rain. Come to find out, they've been installing indoor GFCIs outside, and the outlet casing wasn't sealing correctly. I replaced the GFCI with a proper outdoor one and sealed the casing, and now I want to reconnect the light to see if it works (and doesn't blow the fuse again). The pool is only about 4-5 years old, so I find it hard to believe that one of the LEDs just died. Problem is, I have no idea where the capped off wires go. I assume they go to one of the square switch things inside my e-box, but I have no idea which one. I'd really like to do it myself as opposed to calling out a pool company that will charge me $200 to hook up two wires.

Are any of you that are familiar with Jandy's e-boxes able to walk me through it or show me where I can go to find out?

Thanks in advance!

Pictures will likely be needed, but I can say that I've gone through two sets of Jandy lights in 4 years, so don't hold your breath.

Pictures will likely be needed, but I can say that I've gone through two sets of Jandy lights in 4 years, so don't hold your breath.

Well... I asked too soon. I figured it out. I found a junction box that I never really noticed before, and the two disconnect wires were in that box. I was actually looking at the wrong two wires in the ebox. For the record, the light is, in fact, dead. Bummer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.