Leaky return & skimmer - newly replaced

NicSar

Jun 10, 2019
Massachusetts
New to owning a pool - never installed or replaced these before. Both had small cracks and leaks when we closed in the winter. We just installed new skimmer and return jet, hand tightened - pretty sure we did it correctly and everything looked tight. Now that we've raised the water level, we're noticing leaks on both. Just small slow drips, but I don't know why or how to fix it, aside from draining water again and taking them out/putting them back in.

Not sure what we did wrong in the first place thought, so not looking forward to draining/fixing/refilling/ having to drain again...

How tight should we be making these? Do I use a drill to tighten screws on skimmer? a wrench to tighten the return valve? Is there some trick I'm missing?
Is there some way to test/fix these without draining the water? And if we do drain to fix, is there way to test before we refill again?
Also, how much damage can be caused if these are left dripping for some time?

Any help appreciated!

Inkedpool 2_LI.jpg Inkedpool 1_LI.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.