Appleton, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I had a dispute with my pool builder about electrical conduits not buried deep enough, but long story short I did not pay for the electrical work and instead fixed the issue myself. In order to lower the conduits, I had to cut them. After I cut the conduits I noticed water coming out out of the 2 low voltage conduits so that looks like the lights are leaking, I talked to the pool contractor and he said that if I would join the pipes the leak would stop. And he is correct because when I raised the cut pipes above the water level the water stopped coming out. But my question is if I connect the pipes the water most likely will stop leaking out, but there will be sitting water in the conduit where the candid is below the water level and it's saltwater so wouldn't that eventually erode the wire shielding and cause short or other problems?

It is normal design To have water in the light conduits. They then terminate well above the pool waterline. The light fixture is a sealed unit with a continuous watertight cable that is fed through the wet conduit and terminates in a junction box well above the waterline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.