Leaking filter

Tigrchic83

Jun 25, 2019
Central Oregon
Hello! We are new to owning a pool. We bought a Coleman Power Steel Swim Vista Series from some “not so affluent” people off Facebook Marketplace. We got a great price for it but once I got it home I had to order about $100 in replacement parts.

1) We just got it filled to discover that the filter is leaking out the top. What is likely the cause, and how do I fix it?

2) Are there supposed to be some sort or clamps on the water intake hoses? I attached a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 13
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I imagine there is some kind of seal under the pump lid. That would be the first thing I would check.

And yes I think there should be some kind of clamp on the hoses ... probably cheaper to just put some stainless steel hose clamps on them than finding whatever came with the pool originally.

Reactions: 24round
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I imagine there is some kind of seal under the pump lid. That would be the first thing I would check.

And yes I think there should be some kind of clamp on the hoses ... probably cheaper to just put some stainless steel hose clamps on them than finding whatever came with the pool originally.

Thank you! Where do I find a seal that fits it properly....I already filled my pool?

Well, you have to take the lid off and see what kind of seal is in it ;)
Or if it is just not seated properly, or if the lid is not tight enough. I have never laid hands on that specific pump.

Aren't there valves to block the hoses so you can open up and clean the pump basket?

Reactions: 24round
.....Aren't there valves to block the hoses so you can open up and clean the pump basket?
If there aren't, do this:
  • Tie a decent length cord to both hoses going to the pump.
  • Have a helper... remove both hoses from the pump at the same time (you're going to get wet).
  • Raise the hoses above the height of the water in the pool (you'll stop getting wet)
  • Use the cords to secure the hoses while you work on the pump.
Take off the lid, see if it's missing the o-ring. If not, inspect for cracks (from being tightened too much).

While the hoses are tied up, get some shutoff valves in line, as you will need them for cleaning.

EDITED:
It looks like your pool has a shutoff at the skimmer. I don't know what it users on the outlet side. This my help:

https://smedia.webcollage.net/.../d4399cf4-c1dc-4a16-9e68-a1e8d1c3c1dc.pdf
https://media3.webcollage.net/b9d602e1528611512274eaa2ae4f01b179c7edc4?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.