Leaking capacitor

Wow! Thank you! Lots of info to digest..

Currently I use a Jandy PDA Pool Digital Assistant devise to control the pumps.

Here is the pic you requested:
52481773246_a684d364ce_k.jpg

I think that the 09 means that the AquaLink is from 2009.

So, maybe it will control a Jandy variable speed pump or an IntelliFlo VSF.

What flow do you need for circulation and other functions?

Your original motor was a total of 2.6 HP and your new motor is only 2.2 HP, which means that it is too small.

Your original impeller was a 073130.

To use a 2.2 HP motor, you would need to change the impeller to a 073129.

Impeller......Total HP.

I had the motor replaced about a year or so ago but a reputable pool company. Would it be worthwhile reaching out to them regarding the underpowered motor? At the time they were really pushing me towards a variable speed pump, and looking back at the paperwork they provided - based on their estimated cost savings - I would be right at the breakeven point based on electricity saved.. live and learn..

Would it be worthwhile reaching out to them regarding the underpowered motor?
I would since it is a mistake if they did not replace the impeller.

Maybe ask for a discount on a new variable speed pump.

Have them check for compatibility for controlling a variable speed pump.

How to Determine the Revision of an Aqualink System

If you have the Aqualink All-Button Panel then MENU -> SYSTEM SETUP(press ENTER) -> DIAGNOSTICS(press ENTER).

If you have the Aqualink OneTouch Panel then MENU/SELECT(press SELECT) -> SELECT (for HELP) -> DIAGNOSTICS (press SELECT).

What a crazy story / battle with the pool service this became.....

Thank you everyone who helped answer my questions and guide me along my way. Turns out the motor/pump was a mismatch and I needed a new motor. I sprung for a variable speed (need to update the sig!!) and life has been... trouble free. :cool::cool:

Thank you all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.