Leak under concrete deck - repair/cover up options

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
Hey folks -
I have a leak in my return under a concrete deck. I'm looking for advice on how to finish the job once the leak is repaired. Should I:
1) Just have them patch the concrete which will be a different color and may look weird?
2) Have them put some stone or something else over the patch, which may look weird?
3) Extend the stones from the coping over to the patched area, which may look weird? (assuming I can find those stones)
4) Something else that I haven't considered?

The leak detection guy suggested option 2 or 3 and he has a lot more familiarity with these things than me!

The leak is under the taped off area in the photos.

Thanks in advance!
Bart

pool leak 1.jpgPool leak 2.jpgpool leak 3.jpgpool leak 4.jpg

Option: do a custom concrete patch with the kid’s handprints, dog’s paw prints, decorative tile or glass bits, etc. Might also look weird.

Disclaimer: I just patched some areas in my tan exposed aggravate deck and didn’t care if it looked weird. It matches me! 🤣

I painted my concrete deck after repairs. Or put a landscape item over it (planter etc) See flower pot in corner or statue. Don’t mind the floats I was checking which hold air ( not many) IMG_1350.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.