Leak or just Florida rainy season?

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
As my signature shows... what type of pool and my details, i had a new service company come out today, and he told me that my salt was low...It's been monsoon again lately. Lake is almost up to my dock top level.Which it didn't get until the hurricane laast year. I chalk it up to that, he tells me i should only need 4 bags of salt for the year.and they charge anything over that per bag... I told him, my last company added 120 pounds in july alone. On august 13th my salt was at 3200 today 9/14 its 2600, so not as low as i thought it was based on the way he acted in the text back to me. I just checked it... I would say on average i probably do use 40-80 pounds of salt a month.

Basically he said i should do a leak test... i don't think it's needed, but doing the bucket test wouldn't kill me, i just know we've had a lot of rain and the pool has been draining in the trough when it overloads.

Why have a pool service company? ;)

If you need more salt, go by 40 pound bags of solar salt from HD or Lowes for $5 each.
Having to add that much salt each month is a little strange to me, but we just don't get the amount of rain you do.

Why have a pool service company? ;)

If you need more salt, go by 40 pound bags of solar salt from HD or Lowes for $5 each.
Having to add that much salt each month is a little strange to me, but we just don't get the amount of rain you do.
I just dont have the time to take care of my pool. It's less stress just letting some others do it... plus the winter is coming............. I live on a lake, there is trees, and more trees... and MORE trees.... and it's well..anyway no cage :)

As a reference in Panama I have to add 150-220 pounds of salt per month in the rainy season in a pool a bit bigger than yours.
Not sure how compares the rain between Panama and Florida but here rains a lot... ;-)

Unfortunately here salt is much more expensive, the cheapest that I can I get is 16$/55 pounds.

Ouch lucky its cheap here. I'm not ready to blame a leak. But maybe I'll do test for the h ck of it when it stops raining Ina. Month
As a reference in Panama I have to add 150-220 pounds of salt per month in the rainy season in a pool a bit bigger than yours.
Not sure how compares the rain between Panama and Florida but here rains a lot... ;-)

Unfortunately here salt is much more expensive, the cheapest that I can I get is 16$/55 pounds.

I'm in Tampa area and had to recently add salt due to the amount of rain. Had 6" in just a couple of days. My salt went from about 3200 to 2700 over a month. Not sure where you are at it Florida but sounds reasonable. I usually add 3-4 bags a year, but smaller pool than you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.