Leak Detection - Worth it?

aashah

Jul 26, 2021
chicago, IL
Hello all!

I found some great advice in this forum so I just joined. I was filling water in my pool daily or every other day and did a bucket test and knew something wasn't right. I noticed that there was a crack between one of my skimmers and the pool so I fixed it with some pool putty. I did the bucket test again and its better but not perfect. I've seen an improvement in terms of not losing as much water and after filling my water to the midway point (sometimes to 3/4) on my skimmer I now have to add water every 5 days or so. Do you think that is normal? Is there anything else I can do to feel comfortable that my pool is not leaking too much?

I was quoted $1800 for leak detection (I think that's really expensive) so I'd rather not do that if I don't have to. We're trying to resurface the pool patio so I'd like to see if there is anything else I can do to get some comfort before I proceed.

Amish

I now have to add water every 5 days or so. Do you think that is normal?
That's really not toto bad. Of course your local ambient temps and wind play a huge role in water loss. Down here I can easily add water every 2-3 days in the summer. But it's something to watch. Perhaps let things ride for now and compare the water level between closing and when you open next spring.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.