Leak Detection question

Jbmiller15

Jul 12, 2019
Massachusetts
I'm pretty sure I have a leak in my pool. I have a lot more dirt and sand at the bottom than usual and I'm losing water faster than before. I read the article on leak detection in the PoolSchool. My leak didn't fit any of the criteria for an air leak. I didn't notice any water around the filter station. I ran a 24 hour test with everything but one return plugged (I can't seem to find one of my plugs) and lost 1 1/8" water.

Seeing that I'm short one plug here is my question:

If I rotate the plugs and lose water again will that confirm it is somewhere in the liner?

Thanks for any advice.

Swapping plugs around really won't tell you anything unless your returns are all ran back to the pad individually. The vast majority of pools returns are branched off a loop. so they're basically all connected together. It's usually the same for skimmers and main drains. The skimmers are looped together and then ran back to the pad and the main drains are tee'd together and then ran back to the pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.