Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been able to determine we have a leak from the pool based on visual evidence and it taking place even when we turn off our sprinkler system (it's downhill from the pool in an area where there's irrigation). Our pool builder is awesome and has been helpful, yet they're fairly new to the game and their contact for leaks hasn't responded. They're committed to helping financially as it's within the warranty period.

I'm concerned it's the piping under the pool (likely from our freeze two winters ago?). I appreciate any help and suggestions from this group of amazing people!

Thanks!

Here's what I've found via the googles:
  • The Pool Leak Operator
  • Leak Detection of South Texas
  • Pool Pros Leak Detections
  • Pool Side Leak Detection, Repairs, and Maintenance
  • American Leak Detection of San Antonio

I wish I had a good referral for you, but I don't at this time. What I would say though is that even with the freeze we had a a while back, it would be unusual for pipes to freeze under ground. However our black gumbo soil is horrible and subject to yearly expansion/contraction which can tug on some lines. At least your builder is supportive. Whomever you call, ask about two specific tests: How they pressure test and do they use deck plates/sonar listening devices. Good luck!

Reactions: Sotex
I wish I had a good referral for you, but I don't at this time. What I would say though is that even with the freeze we had a a while back, it would be unusual for pipes to freeze under ground. However our black gumbo soil is horrible and subject to yearly expansion/contraction which can tug on some lines. At least your builder is supportive. Whomever you call, ask about two specific tests: How they pressure test and do they use deck plates/sonar listening devices. Good luck!
I was hoping YOU would respond! Thanks - even if not with personal experience. My pool builder is stepping up.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Ran our pool for an hour last night. No signs of a leak at the sidewalk. However, there are spots in the yard that are damp. There's one valve we use to allow the pool to fill and I turned that off. It had been opened slightly when we noticed the sidewalk at its wettest.

Replying in case others experience the same and want to follow my troubleshooting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.