leaf stain SWG pool

Dreaves

Aug 9, 2019
Lake worth fl
ive read where adding FC will disolve a peaf stain over time. is this true with w SWG pool? shoild i just add some liquid chlorine or get some pucks? or whats the best way to disolve the stains?

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Sort of depends on how long the leaf (organic) was allowed to sit in that spot and transfer the stain to the plaster. An increased FC level can remove organic staining, however it may take a while. Liquid chlorine or bleach is fine to use if you don't want to over-work your SWG. As a test, have you tried rubbing a chlorine tablet against the stain to see if it changes? Just to confirm it's organic? But yes, if you increase the FC level, perhaps about halfway to SLAM for a while with consistent brushing, you should see a difference.

Dreaves

Aug 9, 2019
Lake worth fl
would i just get a 3 inch tablet and place it on the stain and then use the brush to rub it and crush the tablet? i assume i domt want to let the tablet just sit there?

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Correct. Don't let the puck just sit there. You would want to move it around slowly over the course of a few minutes to see if it lifts the stain at all. If it does, you know you're on the right track. If the stain gets worse with a puck, it's something else, so let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.