Leaf issue from neighbor tree

guddylover

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could suggest what to do when a neighbor tree litters my pool with leafs whenever they start falling. I was thinking of getting a net and cover the pool whenever it’s not in use. I have asked the owners if I could trim down the overhang, they say yes, but that didn’t help the situation at all as these leafs still find their way into the pool. Will a solar cover or net help to keep them out? I will try to add a pics of the tree. Thanks

Attachments

• 8455BD73-E884-4822-AACE-17A2856E4709.png
    8455BD73-E884-4822-AACE-17A2856E4709.png
    470 KB · Views: 32
How about asking the neighbor if you could take the tree down entirely? You would probably have to pay to take it down, but at least the leaves will not be an issue anymore. You could also replant another tree in their yard away from the pool to be "environmentally correct".

A solar cover will not keep them out. This type of cover floats on the water surface which is several inches below the lip of the pool. When leaves get on my solar cover, they eventually get into the pool - either along the perimeter or when I roll up my solar cover. A pool net cover will work if you are still using the pool. A safety cover will also work. Once my safety cover is installed in the fall, I just use my leaf blower to get the leaves off the cover. I try to install my safety cover before the leaves start changing color and falling.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I think it could be done I imagine, but you've got such a small amount of decking around the pool it might be tight.

I was looking for a picture to show tracks around a squiggly pool shape... .this is all I found:

THere are also Semi-automatic covers that use a rechargeable drill to open and shut.... saves money since no electricity needed to cover.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think it could be done I imagine, but you've got such a small amount of decking around the pool it might be tight.

I was looking for a picture to show tracks around a squiggly pool shape... .this is all I found:

THere are also Semi-automatic covers that use a rechargeable drill to open and shut.... saves money since no electricity needed to cover.
Is the tracks anchored down into the deck?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.